Miracast is a wireless display standard to stream all the contents from your smartphones, tablets, PCs to your TV. You do not need an external HDMI cable to mirror your contents from your device to your TV.
How Miracast works:
Rather than physically connecting your Android or Windows devices to the TV, Miracast acts like a wireless HDMI cable. You can screen all your contents from your laptop, smartphones etc. on to your TV with this feature.
Roku 3 Miracast support OS like Android and windows. For instance, consider casting from your Android device to Roku. To do that, use the simple guidance given below
- Check if you have the latest version of Roku firmware. If not then update it to the latest.
- To do that, click on Settings using your Roku remote.
- Click on System update and choose the Check now Option.
- After you check the software version click on settings again.
- Choose Enable Screen mirroring (Beta) option.
- Make sure the Enable screen mirroring option is checked.
Steps to cast contents to your Roku 3:
- After you do the above-given steps, connect both your Roku device and your Android device (for instance) to the same wireless network.
- Roku 3 Miracast support can help you mirror all your contents from any device on the big screen.
- Check for the Roku device’s firmware version.
- Download and install the latest version if the firmware is not up-to-date
- After you do that, go to the play store
- Search for the Roku app and download it.
- After you download, sign in to your Roku account.
- After sign in you will find the list of available devices.
- Click on your TV name to connect the device to your Roku 3 device.
- You can now see all the contents of the Android device on the TV screen.
Troubleshooting Miracast issue:
Though you may not get many issues with Roku 3 Miracast support, one issue you may come across is overscan. Many TV will have the settings to enlarge and zoom in all the HDMI inputs. This will make all the images appear zoomed in and appear big. You can fix this with simple steps.
- Click on the TV’s menu option.
- Search for display settings from the menu and open it.
- You can set the display to dot-by-dot basis option.
- Some Miracast adapters will make the changes automatically and change the overscan level.